Doing together what we could not do alone
The people of St. Paul’s – Red Hill in partnership with Lutheran World Relief respond to needs across the globe as well as here in North America. Through our mission support and united with brothers and sisters in Christ throughout the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America we do together what we could not do alone.
Partnering with Lutheran World Relief (LWR)
Did You Know?
- 1.2 billion people lack access to clean and affordable water.
- 2.6 billion people lack proper sanitation services.
- 5 million people, mostly children, die each year from water-borne diseases.
Water affects every aspect of life. Without clean, reliable sources of water, farmers can’t grow crops to sell and feed their families. Women and children must often travel several miles each day to collect water, taking precious time from work and school. And dirty drinking water is a constant threat to people coping with disaster.
- $35 can provide an emergency water filter in a disaster.
- $150 can provide a convenient gravity-fed water filter.
- $500 can provide a sustainable community water system.
- $2500 can provide an irrigation system to water a community’s fields.
With your help, Lutheran World Relief can continue to make sure families have the life-sustaining water they need now and well into the future. Help fill the well today. Donations may be sent to the church office with the notation “Fill the Well.”