St Paul’s – Red Hill join others
across Upper Montgomery County
to support local, regional and global mission projects
Members of St. Paul’s – Red Hill join volunteers from congregations across Upper Montgomery County to annually support local, regional and global mission projects.
The Upper Montgomery Chapter Board # 31392 of Thrivent Finanical through its Care in Community ® program supported these projects with annual matching funds of $30,000.
Combined resources along with hundreds of volunteer hours in Upper Montgomery support the following mission projects through the Thrivent’s Care in Community ® program:
- Quilts for Lutheran World Relief
- Lutheran Disaster Response – assisting victims of natural disasters
- Four Soup Kitchen Ministries in Norristown and Bethlehem
- Prison Ministry Support through PA Correctional Institutions
- Seven congregational servant trips
- SEPA Synod wide servant trip
- Community Helping Hands Days
- New clothing purchases distributed through local social service agencies
- Repairs at Bear Creek Camp
- Missionary Support in Tanzania
- Food pantries in Schwenksville and the Upper Perkiomen Valley
- Elderly Assistance through Artman Home and Upper Perkiomen Senior Center
- Emergency food and fuel assistance through Open Line, Upper Perkiomen Valley
- New eye glasses for single parents and their children
- Support and educational resources for families facing chemical dependency issues
- Strengthen Youth and Families through Liberty Lutheran Services
- Local benevolent and home repairs projects
Thrivent Financial annually provides more than $100 million to help congregations, communities and individuals in need through the Care in Community program where matching funds are applied..
St. Paul’s – Red Hill participates in the Care in Community ® program by supporting a local food pantry, soup kitchen, prison ministry, medical assistance and annual servant trip for home repairs in the Appalachia mountains of Clay County, KY.
Pastor Vanderslice serves on the Upper Montgomery Chapter Board as Vice President and Coordinator of the Care in Community ® program.